20 hour Yoga Alliance recognized speciality teacher training course
21/22/23 February 2020
Friday, Saturday & Sunday
Restorative Yoga Practices are becoming more popular with the demands and busy pace of daily modern life.
Indeed, the attraction to a more stillness based practice is something all human beings are naturally drawn too at some stage in life; and this ancient understanding is needed more than ever in the sensory overload of the world we live in today
Restorative Yoga is a subtle but powerful approach to practice that releases stress, regulates emotional imbalances, improves immune function, digestive function, helps with injuries and – for when the dedicated yogi is really tired but still wants to practice – it is a good option for centering, rebalancing and recharging the system on all levels. Restorative yoga is a slow, gentle & nurturing meditative practice. It is a practice of developing awareness of our internal landscape through Asana, rest, breath & stillness
On this weekend intensive we will explore the skills required to bring Restorative tools into your classes or your own practice.
In this training there will be plenty of practical sessions of restorative yoga and yoga nidra combined. You will get to experience the benefits of The poses and learn a variety of postures and sequencing to bring into your classes or to simply bring into your own home practice.
We will also explore how to bring the art of mindfulness into restorative practices, yin practices and how to guide meditations & Yoga Nidra.
Friday 21st: 6.30pm – 9.30pm
- Introduction to Yoga Nidra theory & history.
- The benefits of Yoga Nidra physiologically & energetically.
- Introduction to Mindfulness.
- How to incorporate Mindfulness into Yoga Classes.
- Variations of mindfulness practices.
Saturday 22nd: 9am – 6.30pm
- Restorative Yoga in Practice
- Restorative Yoga through Sequencing
- Yoga Nidra in practice
- Restorative yoga with Props
- The Benefits of Restorative Postures
- Working with Injuries & Teaching Skills
Sunday 23rd: 9am – 6.30pm
- Restorative Yoga in Teaching Skills.
- How to incorporate restorative practices in your class.
- Benefits of and Resources for a Mindfulness Home practice for teachers and teacher trainees.
- Teaching Restorative Asana & Restorative Flow.
- Learning how to create & deliver Yoga Nidra.
A certificate of completion will be issued to those who complete all 20 hours of Yoga Mala. Over a period of time these Yoga Mala courses can be added up to amount to Yoga Alliance recognized 300 hour advanced YTT certification.
Please note, the timetable may be subject to change or rearrangement without notice. Course fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.