Reasons to Take Yoga Teacher Training
August 2, 2018
Has the thought of teaching yoga ever crossed your mind? Do you want to deepen your practice on a physical, intellectual and emotional level? Have you been considering applying for a teacher training for some time now?
Here are a few reasons for doing a teacher training from Cameron Cler at the Wanderlust site:
- You can deepen your physical practice – Yoga training programs bring students of all physical levels together to learn from each other’s different body types, injuries, flexibility levels, and strengths. You study and embody the correct alignment, modifications and benefits of each pose in detail.
- You will find your yoga community – If there is one underrated benefit of YTT programs, it is the yoga family you will stay connected to. While delving deep into your own spiritual and physical practice, you are also supporting the journey of those around you and creating a support network. You will challenge yourself mentally and physically – “As a beginner your mind is in a million pieces and your body is whole. As a master your body is in a million pieces and your mind is whole”.
- You will explore your spirituality – Yoga serves to help quiet the mind and attune to our true selves. This awareness provides the means to live a more conscious lifestyle and focus on what matters most. While YTT is a very communal practice, one of the greatest benefits is the self-discovery and time to reflect as you approach life with a heightened sense of awareness.
- And, you will become a teacher: Once you have completed your YTT you will be a teacher with the power to develop your own unique teaching style that is authentic and mindful. As a teacher, you have the opportunity to give back not only to your students but also to those who may not have access to yoga.
- You will learn some skills – Once you have completed your training you will officially be eligible to register with Yoga Alliance as a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT) and access tips for starting your own studio, finding new students, and earning additional training hours. Becoming a yoga teacher offers the freedom of self employment as well as the flexibility of teaching both locally and internationally.
There is no doubt that attending a teacher training is a significant financial and time commitment and one that should be taken seriously. For those that attend for any of the above reasons (or any others) thinking that maybe they don’t want to teach and then they return home realizing, “Oh my God! I DO want to teach yoga!”. That’s a beautiful realization. But even if that’s not where you end up, there may still be wonderful residual learning from your time in training that will last you for your whole life. Your practice will soar, your life may take a firmer shape and you may come back feeling great in your own skin.
Remember we are organizing a teacher training taster morning for you, to give an idea of what the training will involve and to introduce some of the primary teachers to you.
For more information about our upcoming 250hrs Teacher Training Course please visit our web page
Your Samadhi Yoga Family